Something from his obituary:"He worked for many years with people with disabilities and had a true talent for loving those with whom he worked. He had a wonderful sense of humor, and we all loved his laugh. Robert had a kind, loving heart and loved to serve. His motto, “Service – there’s no higher purpose,” sums up his life. At family events, he could always be found taking his Uncle Nathan, who is disabled, for walks. He faithfully served in his community and was always available to help, even if he had to borrow his dad’s truck and trailer to do so! His phone rang at the oddest hours – people knew they could call on him. He will be sorely missed by his family but also by the myriad of friends he loved and helped through the years, and who loved and helped him in return."
"In remembrance of Robert, let’s all “do something for someone else to make his or her life better. Find someone who is having a hard time, or is ill, or lonely, and do something for them.” Robert, we love you. We’re proud of you. We miss you, but we’ll see you on the other side. "
Here are some thoughts that friends wrote about him:"Robert was truly one who did so much for others. What a wonderful example he was to us all. I'll never forget that smile. I didn't know you long my friend, but I'll remember you always. Peace." - Andie P.
"I am sadden by your passing my friend, but I have faith we will meet again. With all that you accomplished on this Earth I can only think that you have achieved what your Higher Power had destined for you. Thank you for gracing my life with your passion and zeal, it has left me changed for the better. God Bless you and your family, save me a seat." - Nick Oliverson
We miss you, Robert!! And we love you!!!
Thank you for the amazing example you set!!!
Thank you for the amazing example you set!!!

I'm soooo sorry to hear that. :'(
ReplyDelete~Beth~